Microwave dos and don'ts
A microwaves can save you precious minutes every day and be
your lifetime kitchen companion if you treat it with care.
1. Make sure that the glass tray, roller arms, coupling and
roller track are in place while operating the microwave.
2. Use microwaves only for food preparation and not for drying
clothes, paper or any other non-food items.
3. Do not operate the microwave when empty and do not use
the microwave cavity for any type of storage.
4. Do not cook eggs with the shell, as they will burst. Puncture
egg yolks, egg white before cooking to prevent 'explosion'.
Occasionally a poached egg may burst during cooking.
5. Do not cook any food surrounded by a membrane, such as
egg yolks, potatoes, chicken livers, etc, without first piercing
the food several times with a fork.
6. Do not insert any object into the openings on the outer
case. Do not at any time remove parts from the microwave such
as the feet, coupling, screws, etc.
7. Do not cook food directly on the glass tray. Place food
in or on proper cooking utensil before placing in the microwave.
8. Do not use metal pans, dishes with metal handles, anything
with metal trim, melamine dishes as they contain a material
that will absorb microwave energy. Also do not use glazed
cookware, closed containers or containers made of paper, wood,
bamboo, etc, as they can burn.
9. Do not attempt to deep fry foods in the microwave.
10. When using the combination mode, never place any aluminum
or metal container directly on the wire rack. Always insert
a glass plate or dish between the wire rack and the aluminum